Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Holiday Food.

I survived Easter food!

The Easter Bunny was very clever and brought Hubby and myself non-candy things!  I got weight lifting gloves and we got things for the grill to make our lower calorie cooking easier!  Very wise Easter Bunny!

I must admit, though, that the food was decadent.  I made a lot of non-healthy things and mmmmmm where they good!

For breakfast we had creamed egg on toast:


And then for a lunch/snack I made scotch eggs:


then I made dinner (ham, mashed potatoes, peas, green bean casserole, fruit salad, rolls with honey butter ... ):


and of course, the peeps for the peep s'mores!


It was a really fantastic dinner, and I really enjoyed it!  And yes, it did set me back a bit, but I was up yesterday morning and on the bike as usual.  I did my bowflex, even with my awful work schedule this week.  I think the weekend was a wash due to three days of decadence.  We had date night on Friday night,  the girls came home from college on Saturday, so we grilled out steaks (and even though I only ate half of one, it was a LOT more than the 4 oz I was supposed to have) and then Easter food on Sunday.  Three days.

But, no guilt.  Just a little sadness at the scales creeping back up, but I fully expect it to be back down by Thursday or so.

In fact, I'm supposed to do my progress pictures and measurements this week.  I can't believe I've been doing this for three months now.  And I'm still doing it!  And it's not hard!  The exercise is like second nature now.  And the food isn't that hard any more either.  Most days I like the lower calorie foods.  And since I allow myself the pleasures every now and then, I think I can do this indefinitely! 

Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter and is back on track with the journey!  Keep it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment