Thursday, November 29, 2012

Overwhelmed ... again!



I can't believe I have not posted at ALL this month!  It's been quite the crazy month, to be sure.  I had some extra court dates added in and then, of course, the holidays!

But I'm a survivor and I'm (hopefully) back with a vengeance!

I was so surprised and excited to be nominated by Katrin of http://gogoggygo.blogspot.com/ for the Liebster Award!


The Rules- Once you're nominated, write 11 facts about yourself.

- Then, take a look at the 11 questions the person who nominated you asked and answer them.

- Get your thinking cap on and come up with 11 questions of your own for your nominees to answer

- Then choose the 5 bloggers you want to nominate (they must have less than 200 followers) & let them know they've been nominated (there are no tag backs - you can't nominate the person who nominated you).

- Complete this post and then link it to the person who nominated you (in the comments of their blog).

So, here we go:

11 Facts about myself:

1.  I am a lawyer.
2.  I have written two books and have two more in various forms of completion.  None have been published, though I did publish a short story in an online magazine.
3.  I have four kids ranging from age 22 down to age 7.
4.  I have been married to the same man since I was 20 years old.  I adore him.
5.  I love rock and roll and rocked out to bands such as AC/DC, Judas Priest, Axe, Black Sabbath and more in my day (and I still like to!)
6.  I love cooking and have discovered that this healthy journey I'm on has been great in learning to explore new ways to make food that tastes good, offers comfort and still keeps me healthy.
7.  I tend to organize with colors.  Even my calendars are all color-coded.  I think it may be an OCD thing ...
8.  My favorite food is steak.
9.  I really dislike scorpions.
10.  I am claustrophobic which I discovered the first time I had to have an MRI
11.  I am a sci-fi geek and currently my favorite TV show is "The Walking Dead"

11 Questions from Katrin for me to answer:

1.  What is your favourite holiday of the year?  Halloween!!  I tend to go a little overboard with it (okay, now you can probably hear my whole family saying "a LITTLE????")  

2.  What is your best childhood memory?  Making up and performing plays with my little brother for the family.  We used to write and perform all the time!  

3.  I  love to blog because......  I love to write.  And what better way to keep myself on track and chronicle my weight loss and healthy journey than by writing about it!  I really enjoy the feedback and support I get from my readers - you guys get me through some tough spots - I can't do it without you!!

4.  What would your dream job be?  Well, a published author would be my first choice.  However, I always wanted to be an astronaut.  Probably the sci-fi geek in me, but how cool would it be to colonize the moon??

5.  What would your last meal be?  Steak.  Without a doubt.  Well, maybe prime rib.  Red meat, for sure.

6.  Do you feel like you are in the space and place you are meant to be?  Wow, good question!!  There are times when I think I was supposed to have lived in the Scottish highlands long ago.  I have some kind of connection to that time period for some reason.  But then, I think how spoiled I am by things like toothpaste, toilet paper, running water ... I think I'm in the right time and place.

7.  George Clooney or Brad Pitt?  Brad Pitt - definitely.

8.  What is your most precious possession?  Well, I would say my children, but they aren't really possessions, are they?  Still, they are the most precious things to me in the whole world.  If I had to pick an actual object I'd have to say my kids baby books.  I scrapbook and I love going through them and re-living all their wonderful times and cuteness!

9.  Do you prefer an adventure vacation or relaxing vacation?  Relaxing, for sure.  Maybe once I'm down in weight and healthier, I'll lean more towards adventure.  But right now, the thought of a beach and a book with the sound of my kids' laughter and my hubby beside me ... that's heaven.

10.  How do you define success?  I would say success is not necessarily the end result, but rather the attitude and commitment on the journey.  Success is getting up and trying again after falling down.  Persistence and gumption.  It's definitely more an attitude than an end result.

11.  What inspired you to create a blog?  Honestly I hadn't ever really thought about it until I started my weight loss journey.  I was looking for ways to keep myself motivated and I discovered other blogs.  The more I read, the more I felt energized and motivated.  Then I realized, that if I had a blog, I could have input from readers who might help me along the way, and thus, my blog was born!

11 Questions for my nominees to answer:

1.  What motivates you?
2.  What book are you reading right now?
3.  If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be?
4.  Would you rather have a snowy Christmas or a warm one?
5.  What is the best vacation you ever went on?
6.  Name one hobby and why you love it.
7.  What is the most difficult thing you have dealt with in your weight loss journey and how did you overcome it?
8.  If you could have any job, what would it be?
9.  Who would you want to have dinner with?  It can be anyone alive or dead.
10.  If you could have a superpower, what would it be?
11.  What is your favorite movie and why?

My 5 Nominees are: (and I have no idea how to tell if someone has less than 200 followers, so if these have more, sorry!)

1.  Safire at: http://www.gracedishes.com/

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for your nomination! I really enjoyed reading facts about you. Hopefully I can find some fun questions to ask :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome Back! Thanks for answering the questions. You have great answers. I especially like the one about success. You have quite the busy life. Take care

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this!

    Daughter #2 ;)

    ReplyDelete