Saturday, June 22, 2013

Time to Get Serious.

The scales are back up over the 200 lb mark.

I have been just playing around and have not really been serious about getting back on track.  I keep trying to find different ways to do that, but I think it boils down to the fact that I'm trying to find an "easy" way to do it.  As we all know, there is no easy when it comes to health and weight loss.

I guess the 200 lb mark was the whomp upside the head that I've been needing.  It's time to get serious.

I am going to go back to my tools post (HERE) and get back on track with all of them.  I'm not going to say "Oh, I remember that - I don't need to use that."  Because clearly, I DO need to use them again.  When I used them, I lost weight.

I guess it's the lawyer in me that is able to convince myself that "just one" is okay, or "I deserve this because it's been a rough day."  I really am quite the creative excuse maker and justifier.  Amazing what my lawyerness has talked myself into!

I've got to take responsibility for myself and get back on track.  It's no one else's fault that I ate the ice cream  sundae.  Just because the kids have summer treats doesn't mean I should too.  And really, they should be eating healthier, too.  Just because they are kids doesn't mean it's okay to eat high calorie, high fat foods.  There are treats that are healthier choices, and I need to get on the ball with that.  Trying to have food for them and food for me isn't working like I thought.  Probably because I have a really, really low willpower threshold.  My beast (no, not the lawyer in me - though I do think it got ALL of my argument skills) is able to convince me to eat whatever I want no matter what my intentions might have been to start with.

Time to get back on track.  It's not an excuse that I'm weak.  If I really want this (and there is no one here that I'm doing this for except me) then I need to DO it.

The days since my last post have been used to get my mental butt back in gear.  It is going to take focus and determination.  It is going to take sacrifice.  I can't have ice cream sundaes every night and expect to lose weight.  "Oh, it's just ice cream - it's got calcium in it - it's good for me!"  Really, beast?  Really?

So, I am going to fight like crazy to get serious about this.  And keep fighting.  I think I'm worth it.

4 comments:

  1. Yup, no easy way. That's been my mindset the last couple months and what did it get me? a 6 lb gain - ugh. "It's only 6 lbs" - ya but that six pounds feels like 15! I feel horrible.

    I woke up today with a fresh hope - we ARE worth it! You CAN do this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree - I kept saying, "Well, I'm up a few pounds, but I'm still under 200, so it's okay..." I also feel horrible about my choices that got me here, but I'm determined and I also have a fresh hope! We can do this!!

      Delete
  2. Good luck getting back on track. I totally get where you are coming from when we justify certain things. We think it doesn't add up but it does.

    I'm going back to the basics myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you getting back on track. Sometimes all it takes is a little readjusting with our old thought patterns. I was right there with you with the excuses, but then I was at a point where I couldn't fit anything in my closet. Everything was way too tight and I didn't really have the money to blow on a shopping spree, (not that I'd want anything new in my current size). Like you, I knew that I had to get serious. There's ice-cream in my freezer, too. It's tempting, but I realized that it wouldn't be fair to my husband if I tried to restrict what he ate, too. He has his snacks and I have mine and it's forcing me to have better control.

    ReplyDelete