Thursday, June 27, 2013

Down 4 Pounds

I seem to be off to a good start!  The scale is already registering down four pounds - back under the 200 lb mark - thank goodness!  I'm showing 198.2 lbs this morning.  Since it has dropped so fast, clearly a lot of it was water weight that I had put on.  No matter the reason, I am so, so glad to be back under 200 again!

The changes have really been in exercising (back on my bike - yay!) and watching my food intake.  Somehow I've been able to keep my eating under control - and it hasn't even been that hard!  I'll take it, whatever the reason!

My next challenge is vacation.  We will be at my parents' house for the next week which will mean food and drink above and beyond.  I will do my best to control myself, and yes, enjoy a little, but try to stay within the confines of some semblance of sanity.

My head seems to be in the right place again, finally.  I'm so tired of looking fat and feeling fat that I am focused again.  When I feel this badly about myself it affects everything else, so it's good that I've finally overcome whatever my issue was.

At the moment anyway.  I have no illusions that this is going to be easy.  I am sure I will hit rough spots again, and I know you guys will be here to cheer me on and get me moving again.

I intend to come back from vacation still under 200 lbs, so we will see how that goes!

I think one thing that is helping is having healthier snacks in the house.  Rather than all the high fat things, we got skinny cow ice cream (which really tastes good!) so that the kids have their ice cream and if I flounder on my willpower, it isn't an awful choice.  We also stocked up on apples and low fat peanut butter which always makes me feel self-indulged for some reason - it fills me up and just feels sinful, so it ticks off the boxes on my needs of the moment and doesn't wreck me.  We have several 100 calorie snack packs - better choices for the kids and me.

I've also started drinking more water - one of another blogger friend's suggestion.  I bet it is helping as well.

I don't think there is one major thing I have to change - just a bunch of little things that can help me.  It's not so overwhelming that way and I don't get freaked out and just quit.

I will keep you posted!  Have a wonderful summer day!

3 comments:

  1. I think smart snacking is so key to keep us from being ravenous and devouring everything in sight.

    Great job with the loss!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, that's awesome! Good idea of have a plan of attack for vacation, instead of just going crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the weight loss. Having good snacking options helps me. Having a turkey pepperette and a healthy helps keep me going in the afternoon.

    ReplyDelete