Thursday, June 21, 2012

Getting it out of My System

I am in a much better place today than I have been for the past week or so.

Last night we had a bit of a Harry Potter marathon.  In the old days, we used to have "Big Bed Night" where we would all climb on our king sized bed and watch movies.  I would buy candy and treats and just plain old junk food and we'd have a grand movie night.  Last night was a bit of the same.  I went out and got a bunch of junk food and we watched the movies and ate and had some great family time.

Today I feel better.  I feel my fire coming back.  Maybe that was just what I needed - a good dose of unhealthy bad choices for a night to get it all out of my system and back on track.

I'm thinking this may not be a bad way to get ourselves back on track when we lose our way.  A built in "bad choices day" might just be the key to keeping us on track.  Sounds kind of backwards, doesn't it? 

But it actually makes sense.  I was slipping.  I kept making slight bad choices, but not enough to really blow anything.  And it was making me feel a bit of a failure.  I was hanging on, but barely.  Every day I was doing something that was not a good choice and it was bringing me down, even though I was still losing weight.  But after last night, where I just went all out and ate whatever I wanted, I feel better!  I have no desire to eat any of that stuff today.  I'm ready to work out, eat right and get back on track!

Who knew?

Hopefully this renewed feeling of determination will last a while.  And hopefully when I start to slide next time, I'll remember this and go ahead and give in to a day of decadence to get it out of my system and move on!

Here's hoping.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

3 comments:

  1. Sometimes you really do have to get it out of your system. I know that when I have my occasional "binges", it feels good for the time but I feel awful after. I guess occcasionally I have to remember how bad it feels to make bad choices, so that I realize how much better I feel with the healthier choices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I'm craving something, it helps if I just let myself have it instead of obsessing over it. Deprivation was one of the reasons I couldn't lose weight for so long. I separated things into "good" and "bad" versus leading a moderate life.

    Hope you have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Treat meals are great if you can reign it in later. I had one yesterday and then struggled with all that sugar in my system. I think I'll be a little wiser about adding treat stuff back into my diet from now on. :)

    Sounds like you have it sorted. :)

    Love an in bed movie marathon!

    ReplyDelete