Friday, June 15, 2012

Losing my Determination

I feel like I've hit a slump.  And I can't really figure out why.  I'm still losing weight - finally broke 192 and am at 191.4.  I'm still riding my bike every day and doing the bowflex most of the time.

But that determination that has been my undercurrent of support feels like it is slipping away.  I'm tired.  It's hard to keep this up right now. 

Just a few weeks ago I was saying how easy it was.  So why does it feel so hard right now?  I feel a lack of purpose right now.  I feel kind of lackadaisical about it all. 

And that just won't do. 

I need to get my fire back.

It's just hard when I have so many other things to do.  I need to catch up on work.  I have a ton of veggies in the garden that need to be picked.  I need to work with the kids on homework for the summer to get them ready for the next school year.  I need to do crafts with the kids so that they have fun this summer.  I need to get the pool shocked so they can swim - which means going to the pool store to pick up the shock.  I have so much to do I just feel drained thinking about it.

But, I have a plan.

Back when I first started this journey, I spent a lot of time thinking about how to attack my weight issues and I read a lot of blogs and inspiring quotes and searched for pictures to help me be motivated.  And I wrote a lot on the blog.

So, I am going to go back and re-read my blog.  I'm going to go read all the blogs I have been following and I'm going to find new pictures to inspire me and post them around the house. 



I know I have a bunch of other things I need to do and it seems a bit selfish to spend time on this, but I think it's important.  I have to make time for this.  My health is too important to just let slip away. 

So, help me out and encourage me.  I need it right now!

5 comments:

  1. Don't give up! You are on the right track. It is great that you are still losing. I also need extra motivation now. I have lost my fire and am starting to slowly gain, but it has to stop now. Keep doing what your doing and the results will show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the support! I hope I can get my fire back, too. I'll keep taking it one day at a time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the encouragement last month. I too have lost my fire....I just don't understand it. I really lack motivation. It is so hard to keep going, I am drained and overwhelmed with the exact same things you have to do I also need to do....kids, school work, shock the pool, go through my clothes, clean the house, etc.. I have not gotten my bike out this year though so, good for you to be riding every day!!! I don't have the answers I just know I need to keep going and never give up! somehow, someway. I like your idea of reading through your blog! I keep telling myself to go back to what works but for some reason it is not so easy anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can do it, Mama! Just keep going! Motivation comes in waves! Just ride it till you hit another one :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It really does have ups and downs. I just hate the downs! I'll just keep on going. I did find more pictures to put up around the house, so maybe seeing those everywhere will help! Sunny, I ride the recumbent bike at home - I don't think I would have the motivation to get out and ride a real bike! I keep my stationary bike right next to the bed and roll out of bed and get on it first thing in the morning. It's the only way I have figured out how to do it!

    ReplyDelete