Thursday, April 5, 2012

Jelly Beans, Peeps and Sweets, Oh, my!

I'm a little nervous about Easter!  It's another holiday we celebrate with food!

And I'm doing so well - down to 198.4 today - I've definitely hit that tipping point!  And I don't want Easter to un-do me!

At least with planning, I can make better choices.  Like, we are having ham, which isn't an awful choice as far as main dishes go.  And rather than the four-cheese au gratin, I'll make mashed potatoes.  I'll have the green bean casserole, but will also have baby peas, which is a better option for me.  So I've planned out better choices. 

But there will be CANDY in the house.  That is a very hard temptation to overcome!  I suppose I can eat the jelly beans, which are at least fat free.  And I'm sure the Easter Bunny won't put too many decadent things in MY basket, but I know he'll shower the kids with chocolates!  I'll just have to stay away from their baskets!

One thing I won't be able to stay away from are the peep s'mores.  You take peeps, small chocolate bars and graham crackers and melt them in the microwave for s'mores.  I have no doubt I will eat those.  Maybe I can keep it to one.

I'm tinkering with the idea of making some of the deviled eggs with low-fat mayo.  But I really don't like the low-fat mayo flavor.  And I LOVE deviled eggs.

I guess I just need to be as good as I can be on my diet and exercise to make up for what will be a decadent Easter.  And hope that the kids eat their candy really fast so it's not there to tempt me for very long!!

Hopefully the weight will continue to drop.  Once I hit my next plateau I'm going to have to buy some new clothes.  My pants kept falling down in the grocery store this morning.  My undies are too loose as well.  But I can't see buying anything at this point. 

Here's hoping I'll get through Easter and drop enough inches to go buy some summer clothes!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on reaching the 1derful 100s, I absolutely cannot wait until I finally reach that point. I can't remember that last time there was a 1 on my scale haha. Easter is definitely going to be a difficult day. I'm not too worried about it thought because hubby is going through it with me, and other than that I mean, it's one day. If you get off track and splurge a little bit, it's ok. Just work a little harder to burn it off. And besides, I think you can enjoy some goodies for celebrating reaching the 100s. That is a HUGE accomplishment! Reward yourself. Enjoy a little yummy food, just don't overdo it. Happy Easter :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!! Good advice! I haven't been in the 100's since 2008, so it's nice to be back! I just hope I can continue on! Thanks for your encouragement! It definitely helps!!

    ReplyDelete