Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Vaction Survival

Well, I made it through vacation!  Ate like a pig, drank like a fish - had a great time!  Didn't make it to the exercise room once ... well, I actually went and looked at it ("Yep, there it is!") but didn't work out. Glad to be home now though.

It's funny that I actually didn't feel all that great eating the fattening foods.  I used to live for those foods.  Now they don't make me feel well.  And I'm surprised by how quickly I fill up now.  So, all in all, it was a fun trip with not too much damage.  I'm up a few pounds but I expect a lot of that is water weight from all the salty foods I ate.  I'll see what I weigh in a few days.  I expect I'll be close to where I was when I left.

So I'm glad to be back on schedule.  Got up and rode the bike for over an hour this morning.  Did my usual reverse crunches, leg lifts and butt crunches.  Felt REALLY good to be back on schedule.  I will do the bowflex today and then I'll be right back where I should be.  And it feels great!  Who ever would have imagined it would be possible?? 

I found myself checking out the options on the menu and choosing things that were more healthy than other things (don't get me wrong - most of what I ate was not healthy, but I chose the healthi-er options).  Mostly. 

And it's so weird.  I don't feel guilty at all.  I feel good.  I feel better than good.

I guess I needed the time off.  This year has been pretty much non-stop work, so it was nice to take a few days and enjoy my family and do some shopping for silly, trivial things. 

The little kids are still home the rest of this week for their spring break, so I think I'll do some fun things with them interspersed with work.  The weather is actually hot now, so I'm going to work on getting our pool up and running.  My six year old is dying for me to get it done!  After I do some catch up work today, I may go out there this afternoon and tackle that!

At any rate, I'm very happy to discover that I can survive a vacation and get back on track with little disruption.  I was a little afraid that once I was off schedule, I'd never make it back.  That I'd be so enamoured of the rich food again, that I could never go back to my low calorie choices.  But it didn't turn out that way!

Now I have to try and catch up on work and other things, so I don't have the time to blog any more.  I'll be posting my weight graph at some point today for March.

So, I vacationed and I conquered!!  I did it!!


1 comment:

  1. Woohoo :D

    And all those leftovers were delicious! ;)

    ReplyDelete