Friday, April 13, 2012

Measurement Day


Yesterday was measurement day.  Ever notice how hard it is to figure out where you measured before on your hips or waist??

I THINK I've lost 4.5 more inches!  It depends on if I measured in the same spots as last time!  I think I was pretty close, and if so, then I'm pretty happy!

I lost no more on my boobs (thank goodness) this time, nor on my waist (boo!!) but I lost 2.5 inches off my hips and 3/4 inch off each thigh.  That's actually where I can tell the biggest difference - in my thighs.  I guess that's from the bike riding.  I can tell in my clothing as well there.  It's what gives me the frumpy look.

In other news, I had no choice but to go shopping for a few things yesterday.  My pants fell down at work all day on Wednesday and I know I didn't look very professional.  So, I went shopping and I am down a size - hooray!!  So I got a pair of slacks, a pair of jeans and a pair of capris to get me through for a bit.  I'm very excited!!  It's been a long time since I was able to go shopping and not feel like crying every time I tried something on.  I even looked GOOD in some things yesterday.  Very exciting.


And I got my hair cut, so that was also nice.  It was a happy, reaffirming day for me.

However, after hitting my tipping point and losing quickly over a few days, I hit Easter and then went up a pound.  And it seems to be sticking.  I had hoped it would come off this week, but so far it has not.  And I have date night tonight, which is problematic.  But worth it.  I'll make decent choices tonight and then get back on track after that.

I am thinking I have got to spice up my exercise, though.  I was telling my Hubby that I really believe I've got the stomach of my dreams under all my belly fat, if I could just get rid of the fat!  I can feel the muscle under there, but it's all covered up by the fat I still carry.

So, it's really time for me to plan in some more exercise.  My cardio is the bike for an hour every day, but I think I need something more.  I am tinkering with the idea of the belly dancing.  I have found one DVD,but I haven't watched it yet to see if it's something I can do if I might die trying.  We have wii fit, so I could do that, but that seems less productive than some other things, unless I get maybe a dance wii game - I bet that would burn some calories.


It's definitely something to think about.  I'll keep you posted on what I come up with.  You know, yesterday when I was shopping, I worked up a sweat running around the stores and trying on clothes ... maybe that should be my new exercise program!  Somehow I don't think my hubby would like that idea - lol.

I also took some pictures yesterday to track my progress and you really, really cannot tell a difference.  I guess the 13-14 lbs I've lost isn't enough to really "see" yet.  At some point I hope to have some pictures to post.  Maybe next month.

I'm still proud that I've been doing this for nearly three and a half months.  Better than I've ever done!  And I'm feeling better about myself. 

I want more results, but for now, I'll take it!

No comments:

Post a Comment