Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Stress Eating

I can't decide if this week is just going to be a wash. 

I made a healthy dinner last night - grilled boca burgers, baked fries and salad.  But I ended up eating three huge helpings of the salad!  With ranch dressing!  I didn't eat the boca burger, but I did have some fries.  I just couldn't stop going back for more salad.

Okay, so salad isn't a horrible thing to binge on, but still.  THREE helpings?  Really?

It's all about the stress.  So much is going on this week and I'm scrambling to figure out how I'm going to manage it all and I just couldn't stop myself from eating.  I'm sure the scale is going to creep up this week.  Especially with lobster and prime rib staring me in the face this weekend!  And eating while on the road - fast food joints, no doubt.  And I won't have my bike when I'm out of town ... ugh.

Well, today I'll get my exercise for sure.  I've already done my bike riding and I've got a ton of shopping to do to get ready for the trip this weekend so I'll be running around all day.  And I will be doing the bowflex at some point, so it will be a good exercise day.  Now if I can just manage not to eat ...

You'd think that now that I'm on a nice steady routine that my beast wouldn't ever come out any more.  But it's still there, just waiting for a weak moment to jump out and scream, "EAT!!!" at me. 


Well, today is all about trying to just a little better than yesterday.  I think I can do that.  Today isn't going to be as stressful as yesterday.  Of course, I tend to stress myself out, so it's possible it will be ...


At any rate, I can focus on all the things I need to do and hopefully that will keep my focus off the food.  I will make it through this week.  And things will be so much simpler once the kids are out of school - which is only 22 days away. 

Anyone have any tips on what they do when stress happens?  I could use some help this week!

3 comments:

  1. I end up overeating salad sometimes too!

    When I get super stressed, I organize my thought by running and making a mental list of things I need to tackle. I try not to feel overwhelmed over things I have no control over. I definitely think taking me-time is imperative to my sanity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that's what I need to do: make a list. I've got so many things bumbling about in my brain that I can't even think straight. I'll make a list and maybe that will help me. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even just going out for a walk helps me feel better when I am stressed. I know I am an stress eater, so when I learn the magic solution I will let everyone know.

    ReplyDelete