Saturday, September 29, 2012

Sh*t Happens.

From the wisdom of Forrest Gump ...  It happens...

This week has been a nightmare.  My computer crashed on the 21st.  I lost just about everything.  My hard drive is in Kentucky for data recovery as we speak.  I'm hoping they can get my data without breaking the bank ...

I now have a new computer, which is nice, but an expense I was not expecting.  Still, it's nice to be back on line again!!

The stress allowed my beast to show its ugly face this week.  I ate a lot, and I'm sure it was mostly a comfort thing.  I also drank a lot this week, which were needless calories.  Well, I won't say "needless" ... I did enjoy the drinks and they did help me relax.  Still, calories.

It was my birthday yesterday, so I ate lots of food and had birthday pie.  Chocolate silk pie.  OMG - it was wonderful.  We went to Bonefish Grill for my birthday dinner and I ate everything on my plate!  It was fabulous.  My stomach is paying for it all today.  I am so not used to all the stuff I've eaten this week and my stomach is reminding me of that fact today.  AND today is football, so there will be football food!

I'm making fondue for our football food today.  We'll have beef, chicken, pork, mushrooms, broccoli and LOTS of sauces.  I will also be making crustless quiche, gorp (chex, pretzels, m&m's, raisins, peanuts), and spinach dip.

We'll see what the damage is come Monday.  Today I'm at 190.4, which isn't awful considering the week (and the weakness) I experienced.

I took a new updated picture and put it on my progress page.  It was from last night after my birthday dinner.    I'm pretty happy about how I look - so much better than the first pictures on the page!  Still a long way to go!

I got lots of fun fitness things for my birthday that I am very excited about.  I got some kettle bells!  Now I just have to make sure I don't hurt myself (or the furniture) with them!  I also got a cool shirt that shows words when you sweat!  You can see them here!  They are fun!  Here is a picture of one of them:

"Drowned In Their Own Sweat" Charcoal on Teal TankReally fun!  And I got some new work out gloves (they are purple!!)  So I'm going to have fun using these and they will help motivate me to work out!  I'm excited!

So, here's hoping that next week is a lot better than last week!

No comments:

Post a Comment