Sunday, July 7, 2013

Back From Vacation!

Well, I did it!  I managed to keep myself under 200 lbs!  I'm not sure how, since we did eat a lot of wonderful food!  I'm 199.8 so I did gain, but I'm so glad not to be back over that 200 lb mark.

I'm glad to be back at home where I can control what I eat and get my normal exercise in.  I have already planned out meals for next week and made the grocery list, including healthy snacks to keep me on track!  It will be a very hard week, though, and that's where I tend to fall apart.  I have two days of court, a settlement conference day and my husband will be out of town for one of the days.

I will just have to do my best to keep myself on track no matter how tired I get.

The garden is helping.  We had squash from the garden last night - just wonderful!  If I can get out there at some point today, I will pick corn, beans, squash and turnips.  It's been raining heavily and every day, so it's hard to get out there.  It's very cloudy out there as we speak, so I'm not sure how much I will be able to pick!

I'm wondering if I should add in running/jogging as a part of my exercise.  I have a bad knee, so maybe I should add in walking instead.  My knee makes all kinds of wonderful noises just going up and down the stairs.  Which is why the recumbent bike has been so wonderful for me.  I just feel like I need to do MORE to really get the weight loss going again.

For now, I'm back and on track!  I will keep you posted!



2 comments:

  1. That comic to too funny! I think it's so wonderful that you have a plan! It makes all the difference even if you cannot follow it to a tee. Hope the weather holds so you can get some great home-grown veggies. That's a big missing for me with city life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did get some things from the garden - our corn is coming in now - soooo good!

      Delete