Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Thanksgiving Bloat




I actually didn't do too badly over Thanksgiving and the weight I did gain seems to be dropping fairly quickly now that I'm back home and on schedule.

Last night was a bit rough, though.  I made crock pot roast and it was so good, I ended up having three helpings (!!!) along with noodles and lima beans.  It was a fairly healthy dinner if not for the fact that I couldn't stop going back for more!  In my defense, I had court Monday and yesterday and that was right after getting back from our Thanksgiving in Virginia, so it was stress eating.  I'm done with court and my mindset has always been to celebrate with food (something I am working on correcting), so it was comforting and I suppose I needed it.

Not that I'm making excuses.  I really need to get my mind focused again.  I'm wanting to do that NOW rather than the usual January 1st routine.

One thing I have noticed is that weight loss takes dedication and focus.  And I do great when I'm able to keep my head and really concentrate on what my goals are and why I'm wanting to be healthier.  The problem is that at this time of year, my concentration is scattered and my focus?  Well, it's somewhere hiding from me at the moment.  I know I'm supposed to be strong and able to do it all, but there are some days I just can't do it ... hey, there are some days I'm lucky to get my clothes on right-side-out.

But I'm trying.  And I'm trying to remain conscious of my goals even when I'm dead tired and worried about bills, court, shopping and somehow making this Christmas season wonderful for everyone.

Any tips from you guys out there for surviving the Christmas holidays when your brain is scattered like snow flurries?

As always, I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment