Monday, January 11, 2016

Hello, January.

It's time to get this show back on the road!  I've been doing okay - just not eating a bunch of goop every day is helping, I'm sure!  Too much goop in the house for the holidays!

I got lots of fun low calorie and other weight loss oriented cookbooks!  I've been using my actifry as well - modifying regular recipes to use in it and have had a lot of success!  Decedent food that is actually good for us!

Unfortunately, I have topped back out at 210 again.  After losing all the way down to 190.  What a shame.  The good news is that I've done it before so I know I can do it again.  I'm back on the stationary bike in the mornings again.  Our basement had a sewage issue, so I can't lift weights right now, but as soon as the downstairs is back in order, I'll be adding that back to my routine.  Bowflex as well as free weights.  I really like the feel of free weights but I can't go up too much since I don't have a spotter, but I feel like I get a better work out with free weights.

The treadmill will also be set back up again and I plan on using that.  I have my fitbit all ready to monitor my steps.  Well, the band is falling apart, so I'm not sure how much longer I'll be able to have it, but I'll have some kind of step and heart rate tracker once the fitbit finally dies.  I'm hoping they have fixed the band issue.  I really like the fitbit.  I've been using it for years and it's fun to have other people on it too, so I can "compete" for motivation.  We'll see.  They might replace this one, but if the new one falls apart, then I'm going to definitely have to change to something else.

I'll try and post recipes, but I never measure anything, so it may be hard to do that.  I'm going to try since I really need to measure in order to count the calories in a dish.

I've really noticed that my back hurts more when I'm heavier and I really do feel so much more tired.  I don't understand why it's so hard to behave myself at night.  It's like I'm a split personality.  I have some plans to take care of that:  the doodling at night, drinking ice water at night and having ready, planned snacks for each night.  We'll see.  My weakness is strong enough to kick my butt, so we'll be a work in progress.

Glad to be back on track, though.  I feel better already.

No comments:

Post a Comment