Saturday, July 9, 2016

Mall Walking

I just couldn't bring myself to get up at 5:30 this morning and go walk in the thick, wet air.  It's so humid and already warm at 6 am which is when I would get to the park.

So, I decided to try mall walking!  I had heard about the Mall of Georgia allowing walkers in early to walk before the stores open, and I thought that would be a good way to beat the humidity and still get in my exercise!

And, you know what?  It was wonderful!!  According to information I have found, each level of the Mall of Georgia is one mile.  It's not clear whether this means walking into each nook or not, so I did. I must say, it was very pleasant!  I walked around twice - which should have been 2 miles, though my fitbit disagrees.  Then again, it disagrees daily on the track when I walk the same distance, so I'm not really sure what to think.  It took me 35 minutes to walk around twice.

And it's inspiring as well!  Looking at all the clothes that are so cute - not to mention Victoria Secret!  That's definitely motivating!

The only problem is that it takes longer to get to the mall than it does to get to the park and every minute of my day is counted so it's not a great choice.  Still - if it gets me walking vs. not walking - it's worth it!

Downside?  No sunrise picture today.

The hours are 8 a.m. on Monday - Saturday and 10 am on Sunday.  During the weekdays, I bet traffic is worse at 8 a.m. - I would be fighting rush hour traffic.  It was an very quick and easy drive today, though (Saturday).

I may try and go again tomorrow, though 10 a.m. is kind of late to get going with my exercise.  I like to do it first thing, but I guess it's more important just to get it in, whenever I can.

I also went and looked at weights yesterday for my new weight bench.  I really need to get some!  My fitbit is also falling apart (it's the HR Charge which has that issue with its band) and I guess I need to get a new one.  Getting healthy sure is expensive!!

At least walking is free!

I gained a ton of weight over the 4th of July holiday at my parents' house.  Good food, though!

I'm not feeling any changes with my thyroid medicine.  I'm up to the 2 pills per day the doctor wanted me on.  I've heard it takes 2 weeks to feel a difference, so hopefully by next Thursday, I'll notice something.  Maybe I won't be so tired - wouldn't that be a great benefit??

Well, I'm burning minutes here, so I'll sign off for now.  I will keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment