Saturday, February 25, 2012


I read something on reddit yesterday that was kind of an "AHA!" moment for me.

"Dieting makes you look good with your clothes on.  Exercising makes you look good naked."

and another one:

"Body fat is reduced in the kitchen, but bodies are made in the gym."

Both were floating around reddit and I found those statements rather profound!  And it makes sense.  You can lose weight without exercise by modifying your diet.  But you won't get those bodies you see on TV or in magazines or even in our mind's eye without adding in the exercise.  Plus exercise makes the weight loss happen faster. 



I have lost another pound, though I'm sure I'll fluxuate up again.  Still, it's nice to see the scale going down rather than up!  When this month ends I'm going to post my graphs that I have been keeping to show my weight loss (told you I was a geek).  And around March 8th I should be doing a 1 month picture check from my "before" pictures.  If I'm brave enough, I'll post those too.

The ice water thing worked last night watching TV.  Not only did the water give me something to do, but the ice gave me something to crunch on.  Not sure it will work every time, but it's enough that it worked last night.  One day at a time!

I'm still thinking on other exercises to add in.  I guess I'll see what kind of dvd workouts I can find.  I like the idea of yoga or tai chi, and of course the belly dancing, but I've got to find something that's short enough to work in to my schedule.  I suppose I could just play wii sports for 30 minutes or something ...

Now if I could just get rid of this cold-thing!  Maybe a weekend of being able to sleep late and rest will help some.  Or maybe some sun!  It's nice and sunny outside today.  Maybe I'll try and go to the park. 





No comments:

Post a Comment