Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Welcome Spring!

It's the first day of Spring!!  And it's over 80 degrees outside here!  Very strange for us, but welcome all the same.
With the warm weather comes thoughts of bathing suits.  Not a happy thought for me, though I suppose I should be proud that I'm losing the weight even though I'm not comfortable in a bathing suit yet.  I hope that will come! 

I guess we need to go ahead and get the pool ready for swimming.  With the warm weather, I expect we'll be swimming a whole lot earlier this year. 

Also with spring comes gardening!  We are planting lots in our garden this year.  Hubby has been working hard on getting it all ready.  We will plant turnips, green beans, corn, tomatoes, cucumbers and more!  That will help making healthier dinners a lot easier (and easier on the budget too!). 

I'm wearing capris today - white legs and all!  Kind of exciting!  And as I lose weight, I'll be needing new clothes, so I'm looking forward to when I drop some sizes and can go shopping!

BUT, I don't feel like I'm losing any inches these days.  The scale is pretty good, though!  Still haven't broken 200, but I'm thinking it might happen this week!  I still think I should be seeing a lot more changes than I am.  A little bit frustrated, but who can be too upset with weather like today!  And I know it takes time.  I just don't have to like it!



Another fun thing about Spring is grilling out!  It's a great way to cook without having to add in extra oils and such.  I am going to get some boca burgers and see how they taste on the grill!  I love grilled foods and am so looking forward to enjoying lots of it! 

And, speaking of food, tonight I am going to be attempting to make a "light" version of chicken enchiladas.  Not sure it will be any good, but if it is, I'll post the recipe!  I guess it's obvious that I like Mexican food, isn't it?  Keep your fingers crossed on this one!

In other news, my third child has gotten the go-ahead from the knee surgeon to be able to exercise again.  In fact, she will be starting physical therapy on her knee soon.  She wants to start walking with me, which will be another add-in to my exercise, which should help me too! 

I have gone up another 10 lbs on most of my exercises on the bowflex.  I feel good, but I sure do feel like I should have more to show for all this hard work.  Then again, since I'm over 40, I get it.  I know being older causes things to take longer, but it gets so frustrating!  I'm doing all these good things! 

Well, I'll keep doing all that I'm doing.  Maybe I'll be surprised when it comes time for more pictures and measurements to be done.  I sure hope so!


No comments:

Post a Comment