Sunday, April 15, 2012

Back on Track.

Okay, I'm falling and I can't get up!

I've been on a downward spiral since Easter!  I mean, I've done my exercising, so I'm good there, but my food choices have not been the best.

Time to pick myself up and dust myself off and get back on track.  Life just sometimes gets in the way.  Holidays, date nights, crazy work schedules, stress ... it all adds up and sometimes bumps us off track.

So, I'll be doing what I've talked about doing in the past.  I'll pull out my posts on my reasons that I'm doing this.  Re-focus and why this is important to me.  It's probably time to find some more inspirational photos and quotes and put them up around the house.  I need to get myself re motivated. 

I have to do a better job on the planning.  Last week was just an awful work week, so I didn't have the time to plan out menus and snacks and, as usual, the lack of a plan led to choices that could have been better.

I mean, my choices weren't horrible.  I did the chicken wings for date night, so that was a better choice than some of the things I've had.  And I avoided most of the Easter candy.  I ate decent portions of the Easter dinner.  What the problem was is that I was doing this often rather than just sometimes.  It's okay to splurge, but not on a consistent basis. 

I'm actually proud of myself for doing as well as I have, and for not giving up.  Back in the old diet days, I would have said to just forget the diet thing.  It's too hard to do all the planning, the special recipes, the cooking, the exercise.  But I haven't given up and I've done fairly well - it's not like I gained back all 14 lbs ... just one.

So I just need to remember why I'm doing this.  Get back some of that spark and fire that prompted me to start in the first place. 

And today I have time to do some planning.  Next week's work schedule isn't nearly as bad as last week's so I should be able to get back on track again. 


So, I might have swerved into a parking space, but I just sat on idle for a second and now I'm back on the road!

No comments:

Post a Comment