Monday, April 23, 2012

A Day of Food

We went to the Renaissance Festival this weekend.  It was a lot of fun!  Lots of food, too, however!

We had turkey legs, fried pickles, fried mushrooms, curly cheese fries, fried oreos, fried brownies and lots of wine!  I actually didn't eat a lot of all that - so it's not as bad as it sounds!  And we did a ton of walking around the festival, so hopefully that helped some!

The turkey legs were fantastic, and not a horrible choice as the foods there went.  The worst choice was the fried brownie! 



Now I have to work hard this week to make up for it!  But I would say it was worth it.  And it's a part of life.   I'm not going to give up on the fun things just because there are going to be unhealthy food choices.  It's a tradition to go to the festival and the kids have a wonderful time!  I just have to be sensible but for these types of outings and then it will all work out.  If I tried to deny myself this type of fun just because I might eat poorly for one day, then there is no way I could keep on my journey.  I would end up quitting.  And I'm not going to quit!

It was also fun to look at some of the clothing and think that next year, I might be willing to spend the money on those things if I've lost down to my goal weight.  Something to look forward to!



Back to reality today, though.  I have a doctor appointment to check on my blood pressure.  I haven't lost enough weight yet to make a difference there, I don't think, but that's a goal.  It would be nice to be able to get off the medications!  He will test my B-12 levels as well to see if I need to have shots to supplement my levels.  Not a pleasant thought, but if it helps with my energy levels, I'll take it!

So back to my normal routine today.  I rode the bike for 1 hour and 5 minutes and did my usual reverse crunches, leg lifts and butt crunches.  Feel pretty good!

So, don't forget to enjoy yourself on your journey.  It won't last very long if you try and deprive yourself.  Take the time to have fun.  After all, it's for the rest of our lives!

2 comments:

  1. I love shopping for "goal clothes" that I save in a folder to remind myself of what I have to look forward to.

    I went to a Fair earlier this year and it's definitely a place where there's tons of eyecandy.

    Hope you have a wonderful week

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh! I like that idea of a folder! I'm going to do that! Then whenever I'm feeling down or stuck, I can pull it out and peek at what I'm working for! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete