Friday, April 20, 2012

Tough Times

I'm having a really tough few days here.

I'm extremely hormonal.  I ate fudge last night.  Don't get me wrong - it was worth every bite of it that I ate.  For some reason I was craving it and it hit the spot and I felt better.  I'm not going to obsess about it or feel bad about it.  It was good and that's that.

But I'm so tired.  This month is just kicking my butt. 

I did get up and ride the bike for an hour and five minutes this morning.  And I plan on doing my bowflex today, though I have work that might prevent it.  I'm hoping to still work it in. 

I'm just having a tough time of it.  I assume I will get over it soon.  I sure hope so!

Dinner last night was really good.  I did the shrimp thing and it is amazingly low calorie.


The top picture is the po' boy with the bun.  The side dish is grilled artichoke hearts (10 pieces for 50 calories).  The bottom picture was my plate - I am not a big bread eater, so I just ate my shrimp on the shredded lettuce drizzled with Texas Pete hot sauce.  It was very tasty.  And get this - the total meal (including the bun) was only 180 calories.  Mine was 109 calories since I didn't eat the bun.  It was very satisfying.

Another reason I didn't feel so bad about eating the fudge later that night.

I'll post the recipe on the recipe page. 

Hopefully I'll get through this and be back to my chipper self in a few days.  Maybe I'll get some sleep this weekend and that will help.

I guess we all face tough times now and then.  We just have to work through them without eating through them.

2 comments:

  1. I hope you have a wonderful weekend and feel better! The dishes look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im sorry to hear you are having a tough time. It is great you went for a bike ride. That is really positive and just remember you are being more aware of what you are eating. Even, when I am having a hard time staying on track(this week for me too), I know I am still more aware than the old me was. Keep trying, you are doing a great job!

    ReplyDelete