Thursday, March 29, 2012

Spring Break Worries

Today is the last day of school before spring break for my little ones.  We will be going out of town for a few days to visit Helen, GA.  I know I'll be eating and drinking more than I should!  But, the place we will be staying has an exercise room and a pool, so I will hopefully exercise more to help balance the eating. 

I am a little worried though.  Even with my planning, it could be dangerous for me!  Especially since I weighed in at 200.6 today - my lowest weight yet!  I'm afraid I'm about to undo everything I've done up to this point.  Now, I know a few days of food and fun won't "undo" me, especially since I know the dangers ahead of time and have some plans to offset any issues (like researching the menus of the restaurants we will eat at, and planning on getting chocolate covered strawberries at the candy shop instead of fudge).  But it's still a scary thing to think the scale might inch back up after it's finally starting to go down again.

But, I will enjoy the time off with my family and if I do de-rail, I will get right back to it as soon as I'm back home. 

And, I amazed myself with my willpower today.  We went into a coffee shop for my hubby to get a cup of coffee (he drinks his black - ewww) and I was able to say "no" to an iced coffee drink - which used to be one of my downfalls!  I am very proud of myself!

In other news, we did get our grill!


I will be grilling some sausages tonight to try it out!  I'm very excited!!

Last night, I made a beef pot pie for dinner that was about 300 calories per serving.  It filled me up, though I think I'll change the recipe a bit.  I'll post it on my recipe page if you are interested! 

Also in other news, I'm at that awful stage where I am in between sizes now.  I got out my summer clothes to wash for the trip and they kind of sag on me.  So I pulled out some of my smaller clothes and they are still too tight.  WTH??  So now I look all frumpy and rumpled which is NOT how I want to show off my weight loss.  Sigh. 

On the bright side (I always try and find a bright side ... it keeps me sane) I am close to going down a size which means a shopping trip for some new outfits!  Maybe that will help me through the next few days when we go on vacation by helping me make some good choices.  I just sure hope I drop the size soon.  I hate this in-between stage.

Well, for now I will frumpishly continue on my journey. 

No comments:

Post a Comment