Sunday, April 29, 2012

Weekend Food and Fun

This weekend is going pretty well! 

Last night I made sliders out of cube steak that I grilled.  Fun little dinner!  I made the baked french fries and a big salad with the spinach and lettuce from our garden! 

The only problem with yesterday is that I was experimenting with champagne cocktails (I'm trying to come up with a signature drink for my mom's 75th birthday) so I added in a bunch of calories there, but it sure was fun!



Tonight I'm going to make shish-k-bobs with both chicken and beef.  I'm also going to have veggies and fruit: mushrooms, peppers and pineapple all grilled!  It should be tasty! 

We also worked on the pool and got it up and running, so the kids will be happy with that!  The water is still cold, but the weather is going to be near 90 degrees today so they might actually go swimming today!  I might do that myself!

Why is it that during the week, I have a horrible time getting up and on the bike, feeling like I could sleep forever, and on the weekends, when I have a chance to sleep, I wake up and can't get back to sleep??  I actually gave myself a headache this morning trying to make myself go back to sleep.  The dogs woke me up at 3:30 this morning and I had a fitful time trying to sleep after that.  I'm sure come tomorrow morning, I'll be sleeping and won't want to get up to ride the bike!  Oh, well!

In other news, I am down another size!  My clothes were just feeling loose and I was feeling frumpy so I decided I would go and pick up a few more capris so I would have something to look decent in for my mother's birthday party next weekend.  Well, no wonder my clothes were looking frumpier!  I'm down another size!  Felt pretty good!

Hard to believe I've been on this journey for almost four months now.  I'm really proud of myself for doing it this time.  It's not a fast journey, but I think I'm doing it the right way this time, and it seems to be "sticking" so I feel pretty good!

Hope all of you have a great day, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment