Friday, April 27, 2012

Accountability

Accountability is important in weight loss.

Accountability to ourselves and to others is key in losing weight and getting healthy.  It would be great if accountability to ourselves alone were enough, but it isn't.  Let's face it.  There are times when our inner beasts are stronger than the honor of our accountability.  That's when we need accountability to others.

Blogging is my accountability. 



Yesterday, I didn't have a chance to blog.  I had too much work to get done and I just couldn't find the time to blog.  And I fretted about it.  Which is a good thing.  It actually kept me on track knowing that I have to come back and make an accounting to you guys.  Knowing that some of you came looking for my blog and didn't find a new post kept me thinking about my food choices even when I couldn't blog about it.

And it's a daily accountability that really helps me.  If I slip and gain weight, I have to come tell you guys about it publicly.  Mortifying.  It's a definite aid in my weight loss journey.

I think that may be why weight watchers type programs are so successful.  It involves others and accountability.

We have to own up to our failures.  Which could be deadly in some situations:


Okay, so not deadly, but really, the fear of having to admit failure is a strong incentive to keep going.  And I need all the help I can get on this journey.  Especially on the days when my inner beast is saying, "It's okay to eat that, really!  Eat it!  Eat it!"  It might be accountability that keeps me from giving in.

By partnering with you guys, I have given myself power. You have given me power.  Weight loss is not a journey that one can survive alone.  At times, we all need help to make it.

So, thanks to all of you for being my Darth Vader of weight loss.  I couldn't do it without you!

2 comments:

  1. You are so right about the accountability. After my bad weigh in last week, I don't want to feel like that again tomorrow morning at Weight Watchers. I haven't had a perfect week but better than the previous one. Congrats on your weight loss. You are really rolling with it. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do sooooo much better with accountability. Keep up the good work. (Found you on the healthy you challenge.)

    ReplyDelete