Thursday, July 12, 2012

Protein Day

I'm feeling the need for protein today.  I am down to 191.8 today!  (I think my lowest was 191.6 from looking back at my graphs, so I'm just about where I was!  Hooray!)  But I had a hard time riding the bike this morning.  I could only make it for about 52 minutes.  I usually do 65-70 minutes but it was a struggle to make it to 52!  Even reading an excellent book (Patricia Brigg's latest).

So, I figured my body was telling me it's time for some protein today. I have noticed I feel so low and sluggish if I don't get enough protein.  Especially when I work out harder than usual.  I want to start lifting weights again today at some point, so I've got to give my muscles something to use as fuel without draining me!

So I had a milk drink this morning for breakfast - it has a decent amount of protein and is only 150 calories.  Now for lunch, I've made a chicken salad and am having a scoop of fat free cottage cheese.  Hopefully this will give me back the energy I just didn't have this morning!

I have to tell you about this chicken salad.  I had read that you could use avocado as the base rather than the mayo that we normally use.  I happened to find a really soft avocado yesterday while shopping, so I grabbed a can of 98% fat free canned chicken.  I used the avocado and tossed in some grapes and some blueberries (from our garden!!) and mixed it all up.  I must say it is tasty!  I wasn't sure what to expect, but it is good!  And full of the "good" fats we need!  I had about a 1/3 of a cup and I'm pretty satisfied for now! 

I'm also freezing some grapes for a handy snack - that was my daughter's tip and it is a good one!  In the hot, sticky summer, frozen grapes are just the nicest treat! 

I wonder if I'll drop another pound tomorrow now that I'm back to where I've been hovering for the past few weeks.  I sure hope so!

I'm making fried rice tonight and will try and do it with little oil by using chicken broth instead.  We shall see how that goes!  My hubby should be home for his trip (he had to leave right after we got back from vacation) tonight in time for dinner!  I'm going to boil some golden egg zucchini from my dad's garden and make an Asian salad (from a kit) to go with it.  It should be a nice dinner without too many calories!

And I'm drinking ice water a lot today. 

So, today = protein + ice water + fun, low cal food + exercise!

I must say, I like that math!

No comments:

Post a Comment