Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Kettlebells



I am so sore today!!

I have added in some kettlebell exercises to my routine, and boy do I feel it!!  I'm taking it slow because I hurt my back when I tried to do too much weight and too much activity all at once.  I'm only using a 5 lb kettle bell but the way I feel today, it might as well have been a 50 pounder!  It's a good hurt, though, and I'm pleased at finding something new to add in to my workout.  I've been wanting to for months now!


I've also lost some more weight!  I'm down to 188.0 lbs today!  I hope this keeps up!

My problem area at the moment is my waist, so I've chosen some exercises to help with that area.  I do them after I'm done with my bowflex workout so I'm nice and warmed up.  Since my bowflex works my arms, chest and core, the kettlebell exercises for my waist should be a nice addition! And given that my waist, sides and stomach are all sore today, it must be working!

I'm a little concerned because I have date night on Friday night (alcohol and Mexican food!) and the GA - FL game is Saturday (go Dawgs!) and I will be making my famous chili, jalapeno poppers (wrapped in bacon) and garlic-cheese bread.  But I am hoping that adding in the extra exercise, plus taking the Advocare energy formula again, will make the difference and I won't gain a ton of weight back.

I must say I am quite amazed that the small amount of working out with a 5 lb kettlebell can make me feel so  sore!  When I do the workout, I really don't feel like I'm doing much at all, yet my muscles are telling me quite loudly that I did.  That's the best kind of workout - one that doesn't feel like too much at the time, but gives a great punch!



I'm kind of excited!  I'll keep everyone posted on how it goes!

Get out there and find an exercise that makes you feel good!  It's worth it!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your loss! You sound extremely motivated, happy and excited! That's awesome. I've never used kettleballs before but it looks challenging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! Just to let you know I have nominated you for a Liebster award. Please find details on my post at http://gogoggygo.blogspot.ca/2012/11/liebster-award.html on how to participate!

    ReplyDelete