Monday, October 22, 2012

We all Need a Break

I became a bit frustrated because of all the work I felt like I was doing with no results.  So this weekend, I decided I needed a break, even though there would be football food, etc.  So I did not ride the bike.



And guess what?  I've lost weight!  I am back below the 190 barrier - weighing less today than I have in a while.

I think I just needed a break.  And so did my body.  It was getting used to the daily workout and I think it needed the break.  This morning I rode for 75 minutes on my bike, did my butt crunches, leg lifts and other calisthenics and I feel really good!  Kind of rejuvenated.



And I ate without worrying about it this weekend.  I made ham for football Saturday and we snacked on it literally all day long.  And yesterday I made home made mac & cheese (except I did use lower fat cheeses and fat free cream), and I had two helpings.  And still, I'm down in weight.

I think I just needed to give myself a break.  I was consumed with frustration for not losing any weight.

I feel so much better this morning!

The other change I've made is going back on my Advocare energy formula AND adding in the Advocare protein drink for after my workouts.  But I did neither of those things this weekend.  I took a break from EVERYTHING and just gave myself some time to breathe.  In fact, on Sunday, I watched NFL football and played World of Warcraft pretty much all day.  And still lost weight.

So, this week is back to business and I hope to be more energized and get better workouts for having taken the break.



Keep your fingers crossed, and give yourself a break.

1 comment:

  1. I think sometimes we put too much pressure on ourselves and that break seemed to help you a lot. You are doing great!

    ReplyDelete