Monday, October 15, 2012

Scattered.

I had thought that it was Summer that had caused my slow-down on my weight loss.  But I seem to still be hovering around the same mark.  I think, just maybe, that I've lost my drive.  I've become scattered.

So, now it's time to pick up the pieces and get the ball rolling again!

I had hurt my back decorating for Halloween - just bent over and ::pop:: out went my back.  So I have not lifted weights for about a week.  I'm feeling all better now, so will get back in the swing of things today.  I'm feeling pretty focused and driven today.

We went camping this weekend and that was a lot of fun! Even though we ate poorly (hamburgers, hotdogs, s'mores) I didn't gain much and I exercised a lot while out, so I feel pretty good!

I look back on my early months and the times when I lost more weight I was definitely more focused on the journey.  I was actively working on it.

Now that my bike riding each day is second nature, I don't really feel that driven.  I'm glad I'm doing it - it's a great workout and I am sure my body needs it, but it's just not enough any more.  I have GOT to find something else to fit into my routine.  I think I'll hover at this weight until I do.  I need to do MORE.  Somehow ...

It's worrisome that it is this time of the year:  Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas - all weight loss busters.  But I can't blame my failure to lose weight on the time of the year.  Wasn't I just blaming the summer?  And so now it's fall, and I'm going to blame the holidays?  Nope.  I gotta find a way to make this work.  There are always holidays and birthdays and special occasions and date nights.

The one thing that I have learned from this summer is that I will probably be able to maintain my weight loss. That's amazing and terrific and definitely something to look forward to, but I've got to get to the weight I'm wanting first!  And I'm just kind of stuck.

I'm sure I'll think of something.  I think the key is the thinking part.  Somehow when we think and focus and ruminate on something, a solution tends to show up sooner or later.

Myself, I'm hoping for sooner.

No comments:

Post a Comment