Saturday, December 1, 2012

Holiday Season .. Can I Survive It??

So today is December 1.  This is the month with lots of food, family and revelry.  How am I ever going to keep my weight loss going??

One of my friends suggested that I just try and maintain during this time.  Keep up the exercise and eating well when I can, but don't limit myself to the point of not enjoying this special holiday time.  Somehow that feels like a cop-out to me, but he does have a point.  I don't want to be miserable all month because I wanted to lose weight and ate that piece of pecan pie ...



Still, I don't really want to just coast through this month.  I want to persevere, but honestly?  I don't think it's going to be possible.  Maybe I should just coast and then start with new rejuvenation after New Year's Day. That was when I started this journey last year and I did have a lot of focus and determination at that time.

Am I silly for even worrying about this?  So long as I keep up my morning exercises and my weight lifting and kettle bells, is it okay if I eat more and enjoy more "bad" foods?

I'm having a tough time coming to terms with this.  What thoughts do you guys have?

No comments:

Post a Comment