Tuesday, December 4, 2012

The Little Picture



I've been thinking about this all wrong (and probably way too much).  I've gotten so overwhelmed by the big picture - the holiday season - that I forgot the first rule of weight loss:  Yesterday is gone, tomorrow isn't here yet - all I can control is what I do today.

I need to just concentrate on today.  I can't worry about what I might eat during the week of Christmas or the upcoming Christmas parties.  I need to focus on today.  Today I can control.  I can fight and work hard right NOW.

Sure, I'm going to screw up.  But if I do, I need to remember that it's over and past and I need to concentrate on the "now" and do my best to eat better and exercise.

I must say I feel pretty good today.  I ate horribly over the weekend and just felt terrible.  Very blah.  So much rich food.  My body just doesn't tolerate it well any more.  There wasn't even that "instant gratification" when I was eating the smoked chicken wings on Saturday.  I took a bite and thought, "Wow, this is really heavy and greasy."  And I only ate one.  That's all my body could deal with.

So, today I am going to do this.  I am going to eat better and exercise.  I've already ridden my recumbent bike for 71 minutes and I've done some calisthenics and it's just now 7:30 a.m.!  So that is a good start.

I am going to try not to get wrapped up in fears over weight gain this holiday season.  I will do what I can in the moment and try to be better than I was yesterday.  I will make progress.  I am going to fight for my body, fight for my health.  In this time of thinking of others, I need to make sure I don't forget to think of myself!
To start myself on my way, to get myself motivated to deal with TODAY, I leave you with this thought:

1 comment:

  1. Focusing on the present is what kept me going! Starting off, I was simply overwhelmed with the long term so I broke it off into chunks of doable mini-goals.

    I love your motto because I definitely think it works!

    Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete