Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Positive Self Talk



We all know how important it is to keep from going down the negative self talk road.  And how hard it is to NOT go down that road and berate ourselves, chastise ourselves, express our disappointment in ourselves.  But I think we sometimes forget how important it is to remind ourselves how GOOD we are being when we are good!

I feel amazing today and I think a big part of it is because I had a talk with myself last night (well, I always talk to myself, but this was a serious "get your crap together" talk).  I reminded myself how far I've come.  I reminded myself how I got through the hard times and kept on track.  And I reminded myself that I CAN DO THIS.

And you know what?  I believed myself.

I think we all need to find the time to give ourselves pep talks.  It makes a world of difference, yet we forget to tell ourselves how strong we are, to pat ourselves on the back.  Positive self talk can whip the butt of those negative thoughts and re-energize us for staying on track and getting it done.
So, what if you feel there isn't anything good talk say to ourselves?  Like those times when we totally fall off the wagon and binge?  Well, there is a silver lining in everything.  Good things go hand in hand sometimes with the bad.


For whatever reason, I feel good today, so I'm going to take it and run with it!  And I think I will take a moment each night to remind myself of what I accomplished and what I CAN accomplish.  We'll see if that helps me move past this point where I've become mired.

So, I leave you today with this:

1 comment:

  1. I love how you pep-talked yourself! We can be both our own best friend and enemy. It's all about the mindset.

    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete