Wednesday, February 27, 2013

ARGH!

I'm really having troubles here ... I did so well yesterday!  Up to dinner.

Actually, even dinner was good - I made a new shrimp recipe that was fantastic and only 145 calories for a serving.  And I made baked artichoke hearts, which were also wonderful!  BUT I decided to have a little wine, and once I did that, there went my willpower.  Next thing I knew I was eating bag after bag of snack size Doritos ...  I mean, REALLY??

And it's not just when I have wine that my willpower goes.  It's any given night of the week!  I'm great all the way up until after dinner TV.  Then I fall apart.

It's not so bad on the days when I plan for it and think it out.  Like some nights I'll have my ice water ready and that works.  But on other nights, my brain is so fried from working all day, taking care of kids, etc, that I don't plan.  It just happens.

Can I plan all the time?  I guess I need to figure out how to do that, because I'm falling apart here.

I guess I need to give myself a break.  I've joined my sister's weekly health charting thing, and it hasn't even been a week yet.  I'm still exercising.  I even lifted weights again yesterday, so I'm getting back into it again.  I can't expect results in a day.

I just somehow have to curb my eating at night.  It's going to take conscious effort and by the end of the day I'm barely conscious at all!

And I didn't gain any weight from my binge-fest last night, so that's good.

I'll just keep trying.  I'll try and plan for my nights.  Maybe have some 100 calorie snacks ready and remind myself to get some ice water before plopping down in front of the TV.  I need to be more aware of what I am doing and get some control over myself!

Today's another day.  I'll do better today.


2 comments:

  1. You are not alone. Please don't give up. I know it's frustrating when we fail to met our goal. As long as you don't allow that slip up to affect you, you should be OK. I'm on a juice fast myself, but I slipped up again and again. It makes me thinking about switching to another diet plan. or quit it altogether. But then I learn that slip up is not a failure. It's a learning process, that's why it's called journey. Good luck with your goal. Im following u now.

    -Honeybee
    http://herweightlossdiary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh - I could have wrote this WORD FOR WORD!!!! I KNOW just how you feel. Frustration is the word, mos def! You've got to find what works for you = YOU. You are the most important person in this. You matter and You are worth it. Whatever you have to do.

    Me, I've started taking a supplement and that seems to help me in the evening. I say "seems" because it could just because it's a "new" thing. Who knows. Time will tell :)

    Just want to encourage you. You can do this!

    ReplyDelete