Monday, February 25, 2013

Excuses, Excuses, Excuses

I apparently just do not have my head in the game.  I am constantly coming up with excuse after excuse to condone my eating.

This last weekend (which was wonderful!) was a time of excessive food and drink and, boy, I'm paying for it now.  I gained 3.6 pounds just over the weekend.  But I had an excuse for all the eating I did - it was my dad's 80th birthday party!  So we drove up to Virginia for a 3-day weekend and I ate the entire time!  I kept telling myself it was okay because we were celebrating.

And I actually feel pretty bad today as well.  It was a long trip up, the stress of planning and coordinating with siblings in different states to all make it come together for our dad, and then all the food and drink - I feel pretty awful.  My body is definitely telling me I messed up.

Somehow I have got to get myself back on track.  I may have found something to help with that - my sister and her girls (all grown up) have a friendly tracking system to help motivate each other.  The log the workouts and weight and inches, etc., and it helps keep them focused.  They are going to join me in the group and maybe that will help!  It will bring some accountability back, which, I remember from the early days of this journey, was a good thing.

So I need to stop making excuses and get back into my fight for my health.  It may help since I feel so terrible today.  Nothing like a little pain to remind me why I was trying to get healthy to begin with!  No more excuses!  I need to focus on this and stay on track.

In the beginning I  was doing something daily towards my health.  Now I can't seem to even write on my blog very often.  I need to change that because I believe the daily reminders and thoughts and actions were what kept me on track and kept the excuses away.  I'm going to try!


No comments:

Post a Comment