Monday, February 4, 2013

It's the Food That's Killing Me.

I'm doing great with the exercise.  I would like to add more in, but I feel good about what I'm doing - the bike for 70 minutes in the mornings, calisthenics every other morning after the bike ride, and lifting weights every other day (until I hurt my shoulder - am now having to wait a bit for it to heal).  But I'm not losing the weight.  In fact, I'm gaining.

I know it's the food.  I haven't been able to control myself lately.  I've been giving in to that easy road and eating whatever is fastest and easiest.  Even when I make healthy dinners, I can't stop my portion size or going back for seconds (and thirds and sometimes fourths).  I'm just having a really hard time getting myself back in the game and being serious about what I eat.  My mind is constantly saying, "Well, it's just one piece of nut bread ... it won't really matter."  Well, it does matter.  And it's adding up.

I've got to re-energize myself on this journey.  I hate it when I'm out of control, which is what I am right now.  And I'm a control freak so it's really bad for my mental health when I do this.

I'm just not sure how to make myself refocus.  I think I'll go back to using a lot of the apps I had used early on.  Maybe that will help.  And I really, really need to get back to tracking what I eat.  I do very well in the morning and early afternoon, and then once the kids get home, it all goes to hell.  I need to plan it all out so that when the unexpected happens, it doesn't have to mess with my meals.

I'm very frustrated.  I don't understand why I can't seem to get myself together.  Last year at this time I was determined and focused.  I just can't seem to get there right now.

I'm not giving up.  I will find a way.  I have no court this week, so that will help with the meal preparations and having a bit of time to try different things to get myself back on track.

I'm just so tired all the time.  I'll do some thinking and some research and if I come up with something that works for me, I'll report it here.  I'll try to do something every day to reaffirm my commitment to this.

No comments:

Post a Comment