Saturday, March 30, 2013

Surgeries.

The past few weeks have been a whirlwind and certainly not good for my continued attempts at losing weight and getting healthy.

I had my surgery on 3-19-13 and it went well, but was a bit more extensive than expected.  It should (hopefully) take care of my female issues, which (again, hopefully) will help lessen my need for comfort food for 15 days out of each month.  At any rate, I'm finally feeling human again and I'm ready to get back on track.

My 14 year old daughter also had knee surgery on the 26th, and it, too, was more extensive than expected.  She has a dead person's tendon in her knee, a fact which disturbs her greatly (I think she feared she might wake up a zombie).

So it's been very distracting to say the least.  How will I ever get back on track?  It seems one thing after another has just kept me from staying on course.  And the response to that is:  "No, it's been ME using the excuses around me to stay off course."  But then, I don't want to get into any negative self talk.  Instead, I need to look forward.

For now, the obstacles are overcome and I'm ready.  It might be that flush of springtime warmth and the thoughts of getting our garden ready, but I feel revived.

I use the Advocare products and I will be doing a cleanse starting on Monday.  Then I will get serious about taking my vitamins properly again.  I really think having the full flush of vitamins helps keep my body from craving things and taking me off my path.  So, that's part of my plan.

Not sure what else.  I'll be ready to start bike riding again on Monday as well, and if I'm doing okay with that, then by Wednesday, I'll add back in my bowflex workout.

Even though I can, and do, exercise, it's simply not enough.  I've got to control my eating.  Since I've fallen so far off the wagon, I think I will start by going back to basics.  Smaller portions.  That will be my goal for the week.  I also will plan out a healthy menu for the week, but if something comes up (late physical therapy, long court day, etc) I will eat smaller portions.

I'm excited about the thought of getting back into this.  I felt so good last year when I was losing the weight.  I want to feel that way again.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you're both doing well after your procedures!

    Oh your poor baby girl! I personally am signed up to be an organ donor - I figured if I don't need my parts anymore, I'd happily give them to someone who could use them. But I never thought about how the recipient would feel about that! {{hugs}}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the hugs!! I think it's more of watching too much Walking Dead, than it is anything else. I'm also signed up to be an organ donor - wouldn't have it any other way!

      Delete