Monday, June 17, 2013

Cheat Day

What do you think of the concept of a "cheat" day each week?

I'm wondering if I should give it a try.  Maybe I can keep myself from going wild if I know I'm going to be allowed a cheat day ... ?

I just can't seem to get my eating under control these days.  I fell off the Lean Cuisine diet - it was too hard with all the stuff we've had going on.  I'm getting back on it today, just to try and get myself under control!

But I saw some blogs talking about cheat days.  And a friend at work swears by them.  So, how does it work?  I pick a day that I can have anything I want and for the rest of the week I stay on a strict dietary routine?

I'm not sure it will work.  But I suppose, if I plan it out (you all know I'm big on the planning!) then I can choose the best day for cheating each week.  Like if I know I'll be at meetings or away from home, I can make that day my cheat day so I'm not all "Oh, I fell off the wagon, I might as well just eat!" Like this week we have orientation at UGA for daughter number 2.  If I make that my "cheat" day then I can enjoy eating out at the restaurants in Athens with no guilt.  If I know the fun day is coming, will I be able to keep myself in check the rest of the week?

I just don't know.  It's a thought.



Something to think about for sure ...

1 comment:

  1. I never did cheat days but I have seen it work for others. I think it's up to you and finding what works best for you.

    Pinpointing what's causing you to be derailed is key. Meal-prep and planning ahead has been important for me. Another part is digging deep and figuring out that emotional eating was another one of my problems.

    Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete