Tuesday, August 13, 2013

No One Said This Would Be Easy.

I survived the trip to Indiana - did gain 2 lbs, but I'm hoping a lot of it is water weight from all the salty foods I ended up eating.  Amazing how much salt is in restaurant food.

It was a fun trip, but totally sidelined my healthy journey.  Other than I got a ton of exercise moving things up to her 2nd floor apartment.  And it was fun to enjoy the local college town atmosphere and foods, so I'm not upset at having enjoyed the foods we did.  It was a bittersweet trip - setting up our daughter's nest, but also knowing she is now 9 hours away and that we won't be able to see her until Thanksgiving.

At any rate, this month has been a disaster for my health.

So much is going on that I am totally unorganized (that's like one of Dante's circles of Hell to me).  I hate this.  When I don't have the time to get organized, I get unfocused and lose my edge on keeping myself on track.    I don't like this at all.

The good news is that next week looks to be much better.  So if I can just survive through this week, then maybe I can really make some progress.  And I'm doing my bike riding and hope to get back to the total gym (and I have decided to alternate back in my bowflex, too - it works different muscles).  I also managed to make a menu for the week and the grocery shopping is done, so there is a decent chance I will be able to do okay this week.

It just feels really hard right now.  Some weeks I feel like I just breeze along and everything is so easy and I have no cravings or challenges.  And then other weeks, it's just awful.

But, I knew this wasn't going to be easy.  It's something I really want, so I just need to keep on working towards it.

No comments:

Post a Comment