Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Back in (semi) Motion

I rode the bike this morning!  It was uncomfortable on my back, but it didn't actually HURT, so I kept on going!  Rode for 58 minutes, so I feel pretty good about that.  FINALLY!  I can move again!

Now I just have to be careful not to overdo it.  I've made my menu for the week and things seem to be planned out fairly well.  I just need to control the portion size (as always!! One of my downfalls!).

I have no court this week or next, so can do some serious catching up on all my work.  It's a good feeling to strike things off the to-do list!

I am feeling much better today than I have in a while.  I had just hit one of those "down in the dumps" modes and I guess I was feeling sorry for myself with my back issue and the nasty flu that had knocked me down.

I'm bouncing back again - just like one of those punching dolls.  Not a bad comparison, actually, lol.

My challenge in the next two weeks will be Halloween - I always cook a feast of "scary" food and the neighborhood kids come and feast before going out to trick or treat.  And then there's the candy that will be in the house.  Right now I feel I could resist anything, but come around 8:00 at night and that candy sure is going to look tasty.

Still, that's not a horrible challenge to face and try to overcome.  No court, so no stress eating.  Of course, that doesn't mean there won't be some kind of stress popping up to make me want my comfort food, but nothing I can foresee at the moment.

I'll take it a day at a time! It's the only way to manage myself at this point!

Anyway, wanted to report that I'm back to exercising - at least on the bike.  I'm not sure I'm up to lifting weights yet.  One step at a time!

No comments:

Post a Comment