Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Holiday Woes

It has been way too long since I posted.

It has been crazy here, and my diet (and body!) show it.

Thanksgiving was wonderful - lots of family visiting and great food, but I'm all out of whack now.  And with Christmas right around the corner, I'm having a hard time staying on schedule with my food and exercise.  Add in the fact that I've been sick for about a month now, and I'm pretty much a disaster.

I can't decide if I should just throw in the towel and start fresh on January 1, or if I should keep trying to get it together.  I think I'll opt for the latter.  I'm not the giving up type.

This week shouldn't be horrible.  We are finally done with football Saturdays so that will help a lot!  I do have court two times this week, a holiday concert tonight for our high school child, and a school lunch on Thursday for our elementary school child.  Still, I think it's controllable this week.

My main issue is that I can't ride the bike right now.  I've got this nasty, nagging cough and when I breathe, I cough.  So trying to ride the bike turns into a hack-fest.

I need to get myself healthy.  And, of course, now my elementary child is home sick as well.  I can only hope it is the same stuff I've got rather than something new for my poor immune-challenged body.

I will do my best each day and I will get through this time of stress ... wait, I mean joy!  Joy - I meant joy.

I hope the holidays treat you all well!  Stay healthy, happy and slim!


No comments:

Post a Comment