Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Not Off to a Great Start

I've been sort of counting calories and exercising.  Certainly not with the gusto I need to be doing.  January was frightful, but again, that's just an excuse.  I've got to figure out a way to maintain my eating and exercising no matter the circumstances, because, let's face it, life is pretty much always frightful.

I am just now recovering from a nasty, nasty cold-thing.  It started last week and just hasn't stopped.  At least I can breathe today, so that's something!

I had a doctor appointment the other week.  I am doing well on my blood pressure medication, which is good and bad.  I had hoped to be able to drop down on the medications, but I'm doing well where I am.  My blood sugar was a bit high, so I'm go watch my sugars, which really, when I eat the way I want to, I don't eat added sugar much anyway.

Still, that's extra incentive to get back on track.  I also have a prescription for Ambien and we'll see if sleeping better will make a difference.  I have a feeling it will.

So, little steps are happening.  I did well yesterday with my calorie and sugar intake.  I lost 2 lbs over night so clearly, just cutting all the crap out of my diet is going to get me going again.

I need to do a full measurement thing and another picture to track from.  I found that it really does help to compare pictures so that I can see all the work I'm doing really is doing something, even when it doesn't feel like it!

And I am loving my actifry!  I did some buffalo shrimp in it the other day - just threw in raw shrimp, Texas Pete, garlic, chili powder and let it go about 10 minutes.  Pretty tasty!  I've also done "fried" rice in it and I'll be doing that again this week.  It's nice to have something I can do that's a little different for variety.

I'm still using recipes from that Taste of Home Comfort Food Diet book - truly amazing.  I think they might have another one out for 2014, so I'll have to see if I can hunt that down.

And in the interest of humor ...


No comments:

Post a Comment