Thursday, February 6, 2014

Better Today

It is amazing how doing what you are supposed to do for 2 days in a row just really boosts your morale.  I've done very well for 2 days (Woohoo - 2 whole days!), and I actually feel very good about it.  I kind of feel like my schedule is sliding back over me again like it's supposed to be.

Watching sugar intake is weird.  I found calorie watching a better say since it kind of forces you to do the portion control automatically.  So adding in the sugar thing is just different.  I've never watched for it before, so it's fascinating seeing how much sugar there are in some things.  And the differences between "added" sugar and "natural" sugar.  It's not as hard as I expected since I tended not to eat candy and cookies when I was on my calorie counting thing anyway.  Although I used to allow a splurge of a 100 calorie pack of cookies now and then.

Now I also have to watch for foods with a high GI index.  Like corn.  I love corn and since it's a veggie I thought it was a decent choice, but apparently it's got a high GI index and messes with your blood sugar.

So, in some ways, this is good.  It's making me focus again on what I'm eating like I did that first year I lost the 24 lbs.

I am cautiously optimistic!

In addition to the trying to get back on routine thing, I'm redesigning my home office.  Since I work from home and spend 10-12 hours down here every single day, it has started to feel like a dungeon.  So, Hubby and I took advantage of Archiver's going out of business sale and bought a huge table to be our joint desk and about 36' of wall cabinets and counter.  So my office will match!  We bought new flooring which we will have down hopefully by the 17th.  We have bought the paint - a light gray color to go with the blonde cabinets and black counters.  I'm going to put in an electric fireplace so I feel "homey" down here instead of like I'm in a dungeon. I'm very excited.  And super busy, which keeps me from thinking about food and eating!

Maybe changing up my work place will help me feel reinvigorated and focused on "me" which will keep me on track!

No comments:

Post a Comment