Tuesday, February 18, 2014

TV and Wine

I have isolated my triggers.

Watching TV at night makes the munchies set in.  And if I've had a glass of wine - it's even worse!

I enjoy drinking wine while I'm cooking and then I find I eat a lot more of what I make because the wine has lowered my self control.

And, I've had the doctor tell me he wants me to cut sugar from my diet.

So all of this has actually led me to a plan.  I'm actively planning low sugar meals for all day.  I even plan in my snacks.  So I did really well yesterday.  I had my buttermilk in the morning to take all my vitamins with.  For lunch I had 6 slices of ham - each wrapped around a bundle of crunchy lettuce.  For a snack I had a hard boiled egg.  For dinner I made buffalo chicken in the crockpot - it was sandwiches for the kids and I had mine on lettuce leaves.  My side was an apple with a scoop of the whipped peanut butter (which is lower fat and lower calories than even the low fat regular peanut butter).  For my "munchies" that hit during TV time, I had some macadamia nuts!

Then this morning I got up and rode the bike for 63 minutes.

And one other change is that the doctor has given me some sleeping pills to try.  I consistently sleep about 2-3 hours per night and with the sleeping pills I have hit 5 hours in a single night.  It is a huge difference in how I feel the next day!

So, now that I know my triggers, I have things in place for when they ... well, trigger.

So far so good!!

I will keep you posted!!

No comments:

Post a Comment