Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Jump Start

I'm trying something a little different to get myself going again.

My mother's heart surgery went well, but it was very stressful and there weren't a lot of great food choices to be had for that week.  So I'm up in weight and I don't feel all that well.  Of course, I got a nasty cold while up there and it's lingering on ....

So I'm trying a 7 day diet just to get started on my path again.  Here it is:


Not much for complete restriction diets. I think I'd have to add one small protein like a hardboiled egg so I don't pass out haha And day two says to avoid starchy veggies but says "You get a baked potato".... ummm?

I know it's probably not the healthiest way to go about things, but it doesn't look horrible, and I think I can do it and it's only short term ... plus my hubby is on board with me so I'll have a partner while doing it!

I'm hoping it will get me back on track and help get all the icky out of my body from the last few weeks.  

I am 199 today (I know - almost back at that big 200!!) though I know a lot of that is from the junk I've eaten and will drop back off.  I was 196.8 on Saturday, so a bunch has got to be just water weight.  That might give a false reading on the weight loss I may get from the "diet" so I will have to keep that in mind.

I will report in as we go.  I imagine it's not going to be pleasant, but since I can eat as much as I want of things on their day (mostly) maybe it won't be so bad.  Looking at it, the banana day is probably going to be the hardest day.

I will keep you posted!

2 comments:

  1. I wonder if you could omit the green peppers in the soup? I was all interested in this (feeling like a bloated cow after vacation - moo!) but I can't stand green peppers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't see why not - I'm not sure the green pepper have any purpose other than extra veggie and taste!

      Delete