Thursday, January 8, 2015

So Hungry!

So, I guess my body has gotten used to eating goodies all holiday season.  Now that I'm eating "right" again, my body is saying, "What the heck??!  Where's the FOOD?!"

I was so hungry yesterday!  I managed to eat small snacks - some popcorn, some almonds, a small can of tuna (only 90 calories!) but I still felt hungry ALL DAY.  That's one of the bad things about working from home - the kitchen is right upstairs ...

At any rate, I still lost weight last night.  I just wonder what the loss would have been if I hadn't snacked all day.

Today I will try better.  I did not ride the bike this morning, though.  With the cold weather, I had to make sure I drove the kids to the bus stops this morning so my schedule was whacked.  However, I have decided I will try and work out on the bowflex this afternoon - I'm needing to start back on the strength training so maybe that will make me feel better about not riding this morning.  That's if I can get my files ready for court for tomorrow and Monday.  But I will make a vigorous attempt!

My new aria scale also measures my body fat, which, frankly, is not a very pleasant number to wake up to each morning.  But that was down this morning, too.  Not by much, of course, but any downward movement makes me feel like I've accomplished something.  Like the starving yesterday was actually worth it.

I know this phase will pass.  I remember being hungry before.  My body just has to get used to having normal sized portions again of healthy food.  I'll get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment