Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Checking In

This week is going well so far!  Well, except that I've gained a pound ... but I feel like that happened last time I got serious about weight loss, too.  It fluctuates up a bit before starting to go down.  At least I hope that's what it's doing.  I am assuming it is water weight and given that we ate a Mardi Gras dinner last night (to celebrate since I was out of town on the actual Mardi Gras), I'm sure that had something to do with it.  Even though I was very good with portions.

At any rate, I have ridden the bike each morning this week and I can sure feel it!  I also started back on the bowflex, and I can feel that too!  I need to figure out when Hubby and I can do our yoga together - I'm very excited about that.  But today I've got to deal with court preparation, doctor appointments and school closings, so I'm trying to find some time to work it in.

It feels good to be DOING something again.  I feel so much better about myself when I'm working towards getting healthy.

Tonight I am having the Campbell's Italian Wedding soup which is very satisfying and very tasty, but low calorie.  I know it's not the greatest as far as salt content, but one thing at a time.  I'm going to try and make the meal early - that seems to be a key in losing weight.  And then somehow stop myself from snacking.  My trick for that is to doodle while watching TV.  Keeps my mind and hands busy.

I just wanted to report how good it feels to be taking affirmative action again.  One day at a time!

No comments:

Post a Comment