Friday, March 20, 2015

Getting Old Sucks

I don't like getting old.  I know a bunch of my issues come from being overweight and if I can just lose some of it, I'll likely feel better ... and younger.

My back has really been killing me lately.  I know it's the extra weight that has appeared around my belly.  That's the area of my body that bothers me the most.  I always had a tiny waist.  Even when my butt and thighs were big, my waist was always small and sleek.  Even after pregnancies, it always went back to being small.  Then I had a baby at age 40 and it's never been the same.  I had actually thought maybe it was  a tumor growing or something because it was so odd.  But no ... it's just age.

Sucks.

I've lost 5 lbs this week.  Mostly water weight and just going back to a normal diet after being with my daughter in Indiana for Spring Break (lots of eating decadent food - college kids need awesome food every now and then!).  So my body has shed all the water weight I gained from salty foods, so that's good.

Still, I feel down today.  I'm just so tired.  All the time.  I know, age again.

It really is amazing how things changed drastically at 40 and again at 50.  I just turned 50 and all of a sudden I feel like all the aches and pains have just appeared out of nowhere.  I don't like it.

I just have to keep reminding myself that I'm working on it.  I think the strength training will help a lot with that and we just got our replacement bowflex parts, so I'm excited about that.

I'm just feeling old today.  Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

2 comments:

  1. It must be something with turning 50. Both my sisters said within a few weeks of their birthdays, things started falling apart. I've hit that 40 milestone and can only imagine what 50 will bring!

    Hope you're feeling spry & perky soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm actually feeling better today. I've been working out and I think it's helping - probably endorphins or something but, I do feel better!

      Delete