Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Food

I've been working hard on trying to eat healthy food and to come up with healthy food that's so yummy I don't feel deprived.

So, yesterday, I made something for lunch that was just out of this world.  I took a large portobello mushroom cap and baked an egg in it - it was fantastic!  I forgot to take a picture of it, but I can show you the empty plate:


What I did was put the mushroom cap in the microwave with saran wrap on it for about 2 minutes.  Then I put the oven on 350 degrees, cracked an egg into the cap, salted and peppered it and then baked it.  It took about 20 minutes to bake (I like the yolk runny), but you'll have to watch it - most recipes say it only takes 10 minutes to get a runny baked egg, but my oven took 20.

It was so rich and decadent - and only 111 calories!

Next time I'll try to hold off on my excitement and get a picture BEFORE I eat it!

For dinner, I used the actifry again - I cut skinless chicken breast into bite-sized pieces and threw them into the actifry with garlic powder, salt, pepper, smoked paprika and texas pete hot sauce.  Tasted wonderful - I think next time I'll add in some chili powder for a little more kick.  With the chicken I had cabbage (which I cooked in water in a frying pan with salt and pepper), lima beans and some Caesar salad.  Pretty tasty and I managed to control my portions - the only think I went back for seconds on was the cabbage.

I've also discovered the little salad kits that I like to eat for lunches.  They are about 240 calories and are all pre-portioned so all you have to do is mix it together and eat it.

I went up 10 lbs yesterday on the bowflex ... not sore today, which is weird.  Maybe I needed to go up a bit more?  Either that, or I may feel the pain by this afternoon.

At any rate, I'm plugging along like a good little trooper.  Hopefully I can keep it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment