Friday, April 17, 2015

Good Week

It was a good week, this week.  I did my exercises and ate fairly well.  The portion thing is still very tricky for me, but I made sure to not go back for seconds, and I've lost a few pounds this week.


I had pork, which I cut into pieces and cooked in my actifry - no oils, just spices - and it was really, really good.  Then salad and lima beans.  Huge portion of lima beans, but I figured better to overdo on the veggies than on the meat.  It was satisfying, and I lost some weight, so that's a good thing.  I'm telling you, the actifry is a huge diet tool.  Any time you can make fantastic foods without having to add oils to cook them in is wonderful.  I make "fried" rice in it, beef tips, chicken and now pork.  I've also done frozen french fries - just dump them in, add the spices and cook it up - no oils needed to get that "fried" crisp.

Tonight may be date night - we haven't decided yet.  I'm really tired this week, so I'm trying to decided if I'd rather spend a night at home snuggling in front of the TV rather than going out and eating really high-calorie food.

Hubby and I even tried yoga this week!  It wasn't really the best video, so we'll keep looking, but it was fun and very supportive of him to be willing to try it with me!

I like this partner thing.  It's helpful, although I'm very jealous of his determination.  His workouts are intense and I'm not that able yet.  He actually works out every day and has a whole plan for working different muscle sets on different days, etc.

I just ride my bike every other morning, do calisthenics every other morning, bowflex for strength training every other day and now am trying to fit in yoga.  I just don't think doing it every day would be good for me yet.  I tend to over do it so this Mon, Wed, Fri thing is working out well.  A good solid day of rest in between.

At any rate, I'm doing something so I'm happy about that.  Oh!  You know that feeling where your stomach feels tighter and smaller?  I've hit that point!  I was walking into the living room and my stomach just felt ... tighter.  It's a good feeling.

As usual, I'll keep you all posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment