Tuesday, June 16, 2015

This Might Work!

So I've got the menu posted where everyone can see it so they know what is planned for the day and what the acceptable snacks are.

For breakfast I made mini egg muffing/omelets (I put some turkey, spinach and cheese in a muffin pan and then added a scrambled egg in and then baked for about 20-30 minutes.  Very tasty and only about 120 calories - not that I'm counting them, but it's pretty low for a protein packed breakfast!

Lunch will be sandwiches in low calorie/100% whole wheat pita bread with grapes as the fruit.  I will make little apple slices topped with nut butter and raisins for snacks.  Dinner is a whole chicken with lima beans and turnips and probably left over garden squash.  Maybe grits, depending on how hungry I am, lol.

I'll put away a bunch of the chicken before we start eating because I need the rest of it for a 2nd meal later this week.

What I'm worried about is keeping this up.  This week has nothing major going on so I'm able to do it, but what about when I am swamped and things are super busy?  How am I going to manage this then?  I guess I can have it all planned and let daughter number 3 cook it all - she's great at that kind of thing and loves it, so that might work ...

I'm down a pound this morning, but I'm sure that's just water weight from the weekend we had (we went to D.C. and ate crabs and lots of rich food and drink).

I guess we'll see how it goes.  I did get the bike ride in this morning and will start up the bowflex again.  I want to have the muscle underneath so when the fat goes down, I've got the muscle tone under it that will look pretty good, I hope!

I will keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment