Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Fitbit Issues



I really count on my Fitbit to help me.  It tracks my heart rate, my calories, my steps - all things that help inspire me to do more, move more and be better today than I was yesterday.

But I don't think my step rate is accurate.

I've been walking the track every day.  I am now up to 6 laps (yay me!).  But the same 6 laps that I walked on Monday counted 2800 steps while today only counted 2200 steps.  I walked the exact same track, in the same spot, for the same amount of laps.  How could that be off by 600 steps??  And when I count my steps in my head, it takes over 700 steps per lap - which times 6 laps should be 4200 steps!  Clearly something is wrong, and since my data is what keeps me going, I've got to figure out what to do.

I did just read that you have to adjust your walking stride (duh - I should have realized that, but I thought it was a smart tracker that somehow just "knew" what I was walking).  So I will figure out my stride and reset and see if that makes a difference.  But that still doesn't explain how I can be off by 600 steps walking the exact same route from one day to the next.  It's not like I do astronaut jumps or anything ...

So, I'm a bit frustrated.  I can't decide if I need to go ahead and buy either the surge or the blaze.  Both are super ugly, so I don't know.  But, the Fitbit community is the best and the data, charts and graphs are super inspiring, so I don't really want to leave Fitbit.  Meanwhile the Charge HR (which is what I have now) is falling apart.  It's got some kind of defect in the band - this is the second one I've had (they did replace the first one with no hassle, so that was nice), but given the accuracy issues and the band that is falling apart, I don't really want to do the Charge HR again.

On the bright side of things, I'm still managing to walk and I'm keeping up the increased distance - I almost thought I could make it one more lap today, but didn't want to push it given that my hip joints have been sore.  Still, I'm proud of myself.

I'm also still doing the bowflex for strength training, so I'm also proud of that.  I got a new weight bench for Christmas, but have no weights for it yet, and I'm going to start looking at what that will cost (my hubby says it will cost more than the bench did, so I may have to wait for Christmas this year to get the weights).

All I can do now is wait and see if my work will eventually pay off.  And try and pat myself on the back for what I'm doing in the meantime.  Oh, and try not to get discouraged when the weight doesn't come off quickly.

I still have issues with eating - especially now that I'm exercising.  I seem to be starving all the time.  If I remember from the last time I lost weight, when I upped my protein, that helped, so I'll try and do that.  I just love food!!  And when I'm starved, it's so hard to choose right.  I'll keep trying, though!











No comments:

Post a Comment