Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Starting Over.



This year has just been ridiculous.  I've had so much to do - one fire to put out after the next.  This week is the first week I've had to breathe and I'm latching onto it with all my might.

I got pretty sick back in April and May - couldn't shake it - and THEN, allergies kicked in.

But I'm better and things have calmed down for this brief moment.  I started walking again on Monday as well as lifting on the bowflex.  I have a new weight bench that I got for Christmas but no weights to use on it yet ... one thing at a time, I guess.

The only thing I have to sacrifice to give myself time is sleep, so I've started trying to get out to the park/track by 6 am.  At that time, it's light enough that I'm not afraid of getting attacked and I'm able to get my walking done and get back to my desk for work before 8:00 a.m.  Still, I am used to being at my desk and working before 7 a.m. so I still feel like I'm losing time.

My muscles are all sore in that good way that tells me I'm doing something.  Hopefully I can keep this up.  Nothing looms for the next few weeks to stop me, so cross your fingers.

I'm well over 200 lbs again.  I am going to try and take measurements today and break out all my tools to keep myself on track.  I've got to put myself a little higher on my priority list or I'm going to keel over.  I do have blood work to be done on Friday, which will tell me about sugar levels, B-12 levels, cholesterol levels, etc.  Not really looking forward to those results.

Writing here helps keep me on track, so I'm going to make an effort to report in my progress.



No comments:

Post a Comment